Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Rice Dumpling in Hong Kong and Japan

Tomorrow is Rice Dumpling Festival but I'd already swallowed down probably alot of the nonya and the bean paste dumpling, 2 of my all-time favorites. What you see here is typically a rice dumpling from Hong Kong. I decided to search for this rice dumpling after i see those weird looking dumplings from the tv news. It sure looks big isn't it? I think one of these is enough to satiate me for my breakfast. Yum.


The picture belows shows a Japanese Chimaki. Chimaki ( or ちまき) are Japanese versions of Chinese Zongzi, a glutinous rice cake wrapped in a bamboo leaf. They are eaten especially on the Kodomo no hi Festival on May 5. (from Wikipedia). Japanese food is always so neat, beautiful and clean-looking huh? Wish i can get to eat these cute little thing someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment