Tuesday, May 19, 2009

why no 14.5

Ok i think i have one of the smallest body frame in Singapore for my age. Why would i say that? I had a hell of a time trying to find 14.5 shirts. Believe me, 14.5 is always out of stock.

14.5 , i believe, only 2 brands that I have encountered so far sell it. G2000, and Goldlion. G2000, despite having 14.5 shirts, have sleeves that were a little longer, whereas Goldlion's sleeves for 14.5 is pefectly fine.

So Sei and I have been hopping from Robinsons to various places to hunt for the fitting shirt, as taking size 15 seriously look inappropriate on me. The sales girls at these places had recommended me to try on 15, of which i have to flatly refused. They were pretty friendly and patient though :)

We went to Raoul in Raffles city, and the sales guy manage to help me alter the sleeves length and width to achieve a very fitting cut. This is the most expensive shirt i have ever gotten in my whole life, and alterations require another 20 dollars on top of the total bill. No more Raoul for me until i make enough money. But let me tell you, it's really worth the money; the quality of the cloth, the service; the colour and everything.

As a son of a seamstress, my mum had always taught me to tell from a good quality shirt and a lousy quality, Sei had also taught me what it means by 100 double ply cotton..etc All these terms seem to point to some inevitable truth, that I have stepped into a working world....

However, I do remind myself i have to be careful of the thin line between the NEEDS and WANTS which Sei had constantly remind me. Ok...in all i spend around 300 plus for 5 sets of shirts and pants, 1 additional pair of shoes.. is that alot?

No comments:

Post a Comment